- Open Exchange Management Console
- In the console tree, navigate to Organization Configuration > Mailbox.
- In the result pane, on the Database Management tab, select the database you want to configure.
- In the work pane, click Move Database Path.
- In the Move Database Path wizard, under Database paths, click Move to move the database path to the default location. You can change the location for the database file path by editing the Database file path field. You can change the location for the log folder path by editing the Log folder path text field.
- View the status of the move operation. The wizard moves the database file path and the log folder path to the new location. Click Back to make configuration changes.
- On the Completion page, confirm whether the move process completed successfully. A status of Completed indicates that the wizard completed the task successfully. A status of Failed indicates that the task wasn’t completed. If the task fails, review the summary for an explanation, and then click Back to make any configuration changes.
- Click Finish to complete the Move Database Path wizard.
- If this method fails, proceed to Method 2 below.
- Dismount the mailbox database (*.edb)
- Manually copy the .edb to the target drive (Example: H:\Microsoft Exchange Server\Mailbox Database\)
- Changed Path location for .edb, Logs, and.chk file path in ADSIEdit To:
msExchEDBFile = H:\Microsoft Exchange Server\Mailbox Database\Mailbox Database 0359185701.edb
msExchESEParamLogFilePath = H:\Microsoft Exchange Server\Logs
msExchESEParamSystemPath = H:\Microsoft Exchange Server\Logs
(Note: On the above example, we also change the Log files to this location: H:\Microsoft Exchange Server\)
- Open the Microsoft Management Console and mount the database
- Make sure that there will be no more issues before deleting the old database